Do you ever feel overwhelmed trying to decide what to order at our Seattle Italian restaurant? With so many good options to choose from, it may be hard to be satisfied with only one course. This is why a traditional Italian meal generally consists of about six different parts, defined thusly:
- Antipasti: The appetizers, usually consisting of cold cuts, cheeses, olives, and some cold vegetables.
- Primo: The first course. This is typically a pasta, soup, or rice dish like risotto.
- Secondo: The main course. It is at this time that you will usually have your meat, poultry, or fish.
- Contorni: The side dishes. These often come in the form of vegetables, potatoes, or a salad.
- Dolce: Dessert.
- Caffe/Digestivo: The after dinner drink, which may be some sort of coffee or liqueur to enjoy while you digest your meal.